Analyst /Associate - Portfolio Management, Private Assets Team - Total Portfolio Management
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Total Portfolio Management ("TPM") department is responsible for the long- and medium-horizon total portfolio design and the implementation of the total portfolio investment framework. This framework guides investment risk-taking across the fund to deliver a total portfolio that includes the three general sources of investment returns (asset allocation, security selection and strategic tilts) and seeks to maximize long-term total return without undue risk of loss. TPM consists of three groups: Portfolio Construction and Research, Portfolio Engineering and Portfolio Management.
The Portfolio Management ("PM") group within the Total Portfolio Management department is responsible for managing the allocation and composition of systematic exposures in the investment portfolio. Our investment process systematically rebalances the balancing portfolio to deliver the desired set of factor exposures.
We are currently recruiting for an Analyst or Associate to join the Portfolio Management - Private Assets team. We are open to both junior and senior applicants and will set the title and compensation of the role according to experience and skill set. In either case, the individual would be given both support and time to grow into the role.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the portfolio management process, from model research to rebalancing optimization. She/he will work closely with the Portfolio Engineering group to design analytics to make portfolio decisions, Portfolio Construction and Research group on private asset risk and return characteristics, as well as Global Capital Markets to ensure the efficient implementation of rebalancing instructions.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Work with the Portfolio Engineering team to contribute to the design and testing of components of the portfolio management platform
- Conduct research and analysis on implemented factors and portfolio performance
- Participate in the portfolio management process including portfolio construction, back testing, and transaction cost analysis
- Contribute to other departmental projects and duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related field
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience in buy-side or sell-side capital markets
- Knowledge of modern portfolio theory, economics and quantitative techniques, as applied to portfolio management and construction is considered an asset
- Experience working with systems, databases, programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, SQL), numerical algorithms and optimization is considered an asset
- CFA designation is an asset
- Excels at problem solving, attention to detail and ability to think abstractly, critically, and creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in teams, while also being self-motivated and able to work independently
- Candidates must be comfortable with changing priorities and new challenges in their role
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity, and partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.