Analyst / Associate (Technology Focus) - Global Capital Markets - Volatility Team
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are recruiting an Analyst / Associate for the Global Capital Markets (GCM) group of the Public Market Investments department. GCM in its role as execution provider for the fund is responsible for all transactions in public market securities, supporting internal active management programs, as well as the implementation and management of the CPPIB portfolio. The successful candidate will work within GCM's Volatility Group as their primary resource for day to day support, focusing on systems, databases and programming initiatives to aid in the aggregation of risk, the reporting of risk, processing of trades and general maintenance of existing systems. This individual will sit alongside the existing Quantitative Analysts and Portfolio Managers who are actively deploying investment strategies, providing key support to ensure the smooth functioning of the team on a daily basis.
We are open to applicants with diverse experience and will set the title and compensation of the role according to experience and skill set. Regardless, the individual would be given both support and time to grow into the role.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Designing and implementing automated systems that support the Volatility trading business and facilitate smooth portfolio management
- Daily reporting of portfolio P&L, risks and operations
- Supporting the GCM Volatility business team with ad-hoc business needs
- Participating in the development and maintenance of a departmental code library
- Maintaining GCM Volatility's historical market data sets
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of current financial theory and market technologies
- Designing robust infrastructure to support the following businesses:
- Accurate reporting of P&L
- Accurate reporting of portfolio risk
- Design & implementation of trade execution
- Maintenance of large sets of market data
- Performing data analysis using one/some of the following: Python, C++, SQL, Matlab, Microsoft Excel/VBA
The ideal candidate is required to have:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative/programming focused discipline such as mathematics, computer science, engineering or physics
- Experience with developing in one of the following languages or its equivalents (Python, C++, and Java)
- A minimum of one year of experience in a commercial environment developing software applications (this could include internships)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming, data structures, design patterns and relational database design
- Comfort communicating algorithm design choices with peers and voicing design ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a team, collaborating with peers to develop and improve trading infrastructure
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- The following would be an asset to have but is not required:
- Experience with developing in the following languages SQL, VBA, HTML, CSS & JS
- Experience processing large data sets efficiently
- Familiarity with financial mathematics, derivative pricing and common risk calculations (delta, gamma, vega, theta, DV01, CS01)
- Candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity and partnership.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-AF1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.