Analyst / Associate - Active Fundamental Equities - Fundamental Equities
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Active Fundamental Equities ("AFE") group within Fundamental Equities is responsible for deep value-added research and implementing bottom up security selection. As a result of an increasing emphasis on active management, we are currently seeking driven and intellectually curious individuals who want to be part of a dynamic and passionate team, constantly striving to redefine excellence and bring our investment strategies to the next level.
We are recruiting for an Analyst or Associate to work in the Active Fundamental Equities group of Fundamental Equities.
Role specific accountabilities include:
- Work directly with investment professionals in the global technology sector (hardware, Internet, semiconductors, services, software, etc.), supporting the evaluation of potential company investments
- Participate in meetings with the management of public corporations, industry experts and analyst calls
- Prepare analytical investment reviews and recommendations in collaboration with the team, including industry overviews, written investment rationales and due diligence reviews
- Develop company financial models and perform valuation analysis, including DCF and comparable company analyses; apply statistical analysis to support investment decisions
- Research, analyze and report on macro level Technology industry trends
- Explore investment opportunities in geographic markets including the Americas, Europe and/or Asia
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- The ideal candidate will possess 1-5 years of experience working for an investment management, private equity, investment bank or management consulting firm
- Have exposure to and an interest in the technology sector
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree; advanced degree (Engineering, MBA, etc.) an asset
- Achieved high levels of academic performance and exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Strong research, analytical, financial modeling, valuation, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Advanced computer/technical skills - MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Bloomberg
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets and the investment management process
- Detail-oriented with an ability to produce high quality work
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's guiding principles of high performance, integrity and partnership
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.