Accountant, Financial Reporting
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, and projected to exceed half a trillion by 2030, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo, Luxembourg and Mumbai.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The Accountant reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties associated with reviewing, processing and recording of invoices (e.g. real estate transaction costs).
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to day-to-day invoice processing; evaluating and recording of legal entity intercompany transactions for compliance with prescribed tax plans; resolving and recording accounting entries.
This position will work closely within the Financial Reporting team and collaborate with Investment Finance - Real Estate, Treasury, Legal and Tax departments to process efficiently and accurately expense payments and ensure accuracy of information required for legal entity reporting and compliance with tax plans.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of investment and non-investment related invoices including related commodity taxes
- Prepares / inputs / posts transactions to include but not limited to month end accruals, adjusting entries, tax entries and assist with quarterly expense reconciliations and reporting
- Ensure proper invoice processing from suppliers
- Recharge real estate transaction costs to various entities depending if deal is closed or broken
- Monitor and reconcile intercompany accounts and transactions
- Analyze the recording of transactions into ticketing system and record journal entries as necessary
- Ensure ongoing compliance with reporting requirements; resolve discrepancies
- Maintain ongoing effective working relationship with internal staff to ensure issues are discussed and resolved and that financial controls and reporting requirements are met
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies
- Prioritize workload in a timely fashion to meet deadlines
- Undergraduate degree in business or Commerce preferred
- CPA designation or actively working towards would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience in a related role, preferably in corporate or investment finance within the financial services or investment industry
- Strong quantitative and accounting skills with a background in reporting
- Strong excel skills
- General understanding of real estate legal entities structures
- Excellent research skills and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and an aptitude and interest in learning new software applications
- Demonstrated strong time management and prioritization skills; well organized
- Ability to readily adapt to a rapidly changing investment business and technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a high performing culture;
- Open to and comfortable with constantly evolving and changing priorities and new challenges
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance