Bilingual Junior Claims Adjuster
As a member of the Chubb companies, Combined Insurance is a leader in the supplemental insurance industry with a solid financial base and a bright future for growth.
With a positive spirit and a vision to make the world a better place, W. Clement Stone founded Combined Insurance in 1922. Mr. Stone's story is the stuff of legend. Our rich insurance history and his legacy drive our company to this day. Starting in 1956, with an expansion into Canada, Combined Insurance embarked on an ambitious plan for growth. Over 60 years later, we've expanded to serve the global market, offering our products in 10 countries in addition to the United States.
Combined Insurance Canada has offices located throughout the country with sales representatives in every province. Our continued growth means we need quality people behind the scenes, in our corporate and regional offices, to serve both our customers and our sales team.
We are actively looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join the Combined Insurance Canadian team as:
Bilingual Junior Claims Adjuster
Reporting to: Assistant Manager, Claims
Location: Canadian Headquarters - Markham, Ontario
Schedule: Full time – 40 hours/week
- Adjudicate all lines of Combined products to include Life, Accident and Health.
- Approve, deny, or inquire further for necessary information from claimants, doctors, or hospital to assess claimant’s eligibility for benefits.
- Interprets and administers policy provisions including, but not limited to, eligibility and investigations.
- Review incoming correspondence concerning existing claims.
- Refer files for special investigation, if required.
- Discuss and explain benefit payments to claimants by telephone.
- Document claim file actions and telephone conversations appropriately.
- Review claims on diary and send follow up reminders in a timely manner.
- Refer activity outside of authority level to Senior Adjusters/Assistant Manager, Claims.
- Completion of College diploma;
- 1-2 years of claims adjudication experience;
- Bilingual (Fluent in French and English);
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Aptitude for figures;
- Possess a logical mind and an understanding of the insurance industry;
- Knowledge of medical terminology;
- Very good computer skills;
- Ability to make sound judgments and good decision-making skills;
- Strong cross-functional team skills with the ability to work independently;
- Previous disability management experience, assessing disability claims would be an asset; and
- Previous knowledge of disability products would be an asset.
Interested candidates may forward a resume to HumanResourcesCA@chubb.com.
For more information about Combined Insurance, please visit www.combined.ca
Combined Insurance is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources in a timely fashion if accommodation measures are needed to enable you in a fair and equitable manner during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
TalentEgg will send your application to: HumanResourcesCA@chubb.com