Website & Social Media Coordinator
2 year contract
Granville Island is administered by CMHC on behalf of the Federal Government. The mission of CMHC with respect to Granville Island, is to maintain and foster Granville Island as a unique urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver, a place where visitors of all ages and income can meet, browse, explore and experience a variety of cultural, recreational, educational, commercial retail, arts and industrial activities on a year round basis.
The Island's special ambiance has been created through a joint public, private and non-profit enterprise respectful of its heritage, committed to its excellence and mindful of its purpose.
The Island is an urban park serving about 10.0 million people each year providing a sound business environment for 275 businesses and bringing jobs for 2,800 people on a 17 hectare site comprising both land and water.
Bring your marketing and communications skills along with your creativity to this exciting position on Granville Island
This new, temporary full time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and creative individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while contributing to the success of Granville Island.
You will work with the Public Affairs & Programming Department to increase consumer engagement with Granville Island's brand through social content development, monitoring and outreach.
How You Will Be Contributing:
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and additional channels deemed relevant
- Oversee website content for granvilleisland.com and other campaign-related microsites
- Work with the Public Affairs & Programming staff to create cross-platform shareable content on a range of topics including food, culture, events and history of Granville Island
- Optimize content for search engines
- Run integrated content marketing campaigns, in partnership with Granville Island's marketing agency, as directed, to drive brand awareness and visits
- Distribute content that educates and entertains Granville Island visitors and supports marketing goals
- Ensure potential visitors receive proactive, timely and accurate responses to their trip planning questions via social media and website interactions
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic from social network presence, converting online visitors to in-person visits
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach visitors
- Ensure adherence to corporate brand and operational guidelines
- Ensure Granville Island's tone of voice on social media is aligned with the brand
- Track, measure, and analyze initiatives to report on social media's return-on-investment
What We Are Looking For
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited university or college in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or Communications.
- A minimum of one year of experience in creating and managing social media campaigns. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Knowledge of social media best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of Granville Island.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects.
- Proficiency in using social media software to monitor social media conversations.
- Experience with Drupal 7 an asset.
- Knowledge of Granville Island as asset.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals.
Communication (Presenting and Influencing), Project Management, Efficiency, Teamwork
APPLY to: cmhc.ca/careers
This job posting will be active until 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 6, 2017 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
A chance to make a difference. The opportunity to achieve your goals.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Ability to respond to emergencies outside of regular working hours is required