Web and Social Media Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your web analytics and measurement expertise to this Web and Social Medial Analyst position in Ottawa.
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Marketing, Research and Analysis team, where you will be responsible for measuring and reporting of online analytics and performance of CMHC's digital communications and marketing channels.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Generate, analyze and report web-based and social media measurement data for various digitals channels and campaigns or other CMHC communications and marketing initiatives
- Maintain regular reports, scorecards, dashboards and KPIs by compiling and integrating data from multiple sources including web and social media analytical software
- Measure, analyze and report on social media success metrics
- Ensure the ongoing improvement in CMHC's web/ social media analytical capabilities and tools
- Consults with internal clients on web and social media measurement and reporting needs
- Consult with internal clients to learn objectives and develop specific KPIs and supporting metrics
- Consult with internal teams on how to best leverage analytics to inform business decisions and maximize results
- Provides expert advice related to web and social analytics and measurements
- Work with the web team to track various changes to the web site and identify impacts for measurement and analytics
- Collaborate with IT to identify various improvements and innovations to CMHC's web and social media analytics
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in web, social media or communications and marketing analysis.
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms with an understanding of various social media initiatives and tactics and how to measure their impact
- Knowledge of web and social media analytic tools and software with an understanding of various web initiatives and tactics and how to measure their impact
- Demonstrated experience working with Google Analytics (Google Analytics Certification considered an asset)
- Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing business measurement needs and KPIs
- Demonstrated experience distilling large quantities of information into clear and concise insights, formulating actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated experience communicating analysis to non-technical and non-analytical audiences, both in oral and written presentations
- Intermediate to advanced experience in working with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Management/ Analytical Thinking/ Decisiveness/ Relationship Building/ Forward/Strategic Thinking/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 2, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.