CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canadaâ??s authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical skills to this in Ottawa.
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Market Analysis Centre (MAC) team, where you will Be gathering, organizing and evaluating information, balancing pros and cons (according to CMHC and its clients needs) as well as utilizing your quantitative/qualitative skills to provide input on research, data analysis and best practices.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Under the direction of Business Analysts, assist in the testing of new applications/systems
- Maintaining documentation on processes and procedures including schedules and task lists.
- Working with data from a variety of sources to prepare publications, reports, tables, graphs, presentations and briefing materials using SAS and Microsoft Excel.
- Creation of basic-level SAS programs to produce reports to assist in the conduct of Housing Market Surveys and improve their data quality
- Providing technical and programming support to users across CMHC of various datasets by answering questions about data defintions and usage guidelines
- Follow procedures to use existing systems to produce data products (this includes running series of more complex SAS programs to produce data-related products); there is sometimes a certain level of trouble-shooting involved.
- Creating computerized data entry applications using end-user software for entering survey results
What We Are Looking For
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a related discipline and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and academic training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its application to statistical reports and presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of SAS programming techniques at a basic-level for data retrievals, dissemination and report generation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare briefing notes.
- Strong consultation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and interpret client requirements and solve using analytical and problem solving techniques
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment of both business users and technical staff
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Efficiency/ Teamwork/ Focus on Results
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm September 18, 2017 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level and to write in your second official language at an advance level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance