CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your organisational and administrative skills, and your client service expertise to this one year Program Administrator position in the Prairies and Territories Region.
As a member of the First Nation Housing team, you will be responsible for the administrative activities of the Non-Profit Housing program (Section 95) and co-ordinate miscellaneous administrative and financial operational activities.
How You Will Be Contributing
Program Administrator, Housing Programs
- Taking the lead role for the effective and efficient administration activities for the delivery of the Non-Profit Housing Program for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and Yukon.
- Supporting the First Nation Housing Consultant team in the tracking and monitoring of program files for the Non-Profit Housing Program.
- Coordinating and working with First Nations and partners to ensure timely receipt of documentation.
- Accountable for the organization and monitoring of project advance requests.
- Working in collaboration with the First Nation Housing team to ensure thoroughness, accuracy and that designated practices are followed when authorizing the disbursement of funds to First Nations within deadlines.
- Supporting the First Nation Housing Team by completing the quarterly and annual accrual processes.
- Supporting the First Nation Housing team with the development and delivery of presentations and training sessions.
- Managing the coordination of an extensive number of action items and decisions and following-up with the Management Team to ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
- Ensuring organization and co-ordination of support services for team activities and or special functions as required.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or a related field and a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience administering First Nations programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing within a program and/or policy context.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong client focus and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills.
- Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possessing a solid knowledge of First Nation culture and traditions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm Eastern Time on March 28, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this temporary assignment.