Program Administrator, Renovation Programs
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your organisational and administrative skills, and your client service expertise to this Program Administrator position in the Prairies and Territories Region.
As a member of the First Nation Housing team, you will be accountable for the administration and delivery of the On-Reserve programs and co-ordinate administrative and financial operational activities related to the On-Reserve Non-Profit Housing Program (Section 95) or skills development.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Leading the delivery and administration of the renovation programs by conducting a thorough analysis of applications and advancing requests to ensure compliance with program guidelines.
- Making recommendations for approvals, recommends courses of action for non-standard requests, and processes commitments and payment requisitions.
- Working in collaboration with the Operations team and Consultant staff to ensure clear communication and consistent messaging to First Nation communities and/or agents.
- Ensuring all documentation is in place in accordance with program audit requirements and maintaining a high standard of accuracy and data quality input into the Assisted Housing Programs System (AHPS).
- Ensuring data entered in AHPS and all project information in the database is current and preparing status reports of projects for the Operations Team, Consultants and Regional Management as required.
- Preparing loan documents which may include approval letters, promissory notes, and operating/loan agreements.
- Co-ordinating inspection requirements and acting as a liaison with Technical Services and external inspectors. Co-ordinating loan processing and administrative functions related to processing advances and payment of agency fees.
- Supporting the Operation Team by completing the quarterly and annual accrual processes.
- Supporting the processing of project mortgage renewals including the notification of renewal, adherence to policy in accepting of interest rate, ensuring accuracy of renewal information, calculation of subsidy based on new interest rate and correspondence informing client of mortgage and subsidy details.
- Supporting the Consultants and Operation Officers with the development and delivery of presentations and training sessions for the Renovation Programs to First Nations, and program delivery agents.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or a related field and a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience administering First Nations programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing within a program and/or policy context.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
- Knowledge of CMHC housing programs, policies and procedures, including renovation, Section 95 and HIIFNIY programs.
- Strong client focus and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills.
- Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possessing a solid knowledge of First Nation culture and traditions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm Eastern Time on September 28, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this contract position.