Model Governance Coordinator
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your coordination, analysis and communication skills along with your reporting expertise to this Model Governance Coordinator position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Enterprise Modelling team, you will support CMHC's risk modelling and analytics initiatives by helping model developers draft model documentation and related materials. Additionally, you will help support model governance more generally, through activities including, issue tracking and the administration of the team's model inventory.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for a well-organized, analytical thinker with strong communication skills to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Administer Enterprise Modelling model inventory ensuring it is accurate and well-documented and reflects the current state of the team' model environment.
- Help draft and review Model Documentation.
- Review Model Validation reports and help prepare formal responses.
- Liaise with validation team to obtain updates on validation activities associated with team's models.
- Additional ad hoc model governance responsibilities to support the team's ongoing compliance with CMHC's model risk management program.
- Managing ad-hoc requests for information from internal (e.g. Senior Management and Sectors) and external (e.g. OSFI and DoF) stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Familiarity with quantitative analytical techniques commonly used by financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience writing, editing and/or conveying information that is subject to interpretation.
- Former reporting experience would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate and objectives would be considered an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Learning and Growth/ Project Management/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on September 17, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.