CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical skills, client focus and housing economics expertise to the position of Market Analyst (Housing) in Ontario.
Become a key member of the Market Analysis Centre team. As an analyst, this permanent full-time opportunity will require you to use your networking skills to acquire market intelligence from key stakeholders. You will conduct in-depth analysis and make forecasts about the local housing market. You will communicate the results of your work through presentations and widely distributed documents that have an excellent reputation.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry groups and associations through the preparation and delivery of presentations and attendance at industry stakeholder meetings
- Consulting with others in the industry to gather information and intelligence to help identify areas of useful research
- Monitoring, analyzing and forecasting housing starts and factors that influence housing markets such as population growth, migration, employment, income, inflation, and industry trends
- Conducting statistical analysis and econometric modelling to understand how endogenous and exogenous factors influence housing demand
- Producing reports for both internal and external clients, special reports to assess specific housing markets and other standard publications
- Responding to media inquiries, and increasing CMHC visibility through media, conferences and marketing efforts
What We Are Looking For
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Urban Planning, Real Estate Finance or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Masterâ??s degree would be considered an asset
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Expert communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing business and economic conditions
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the media and presenting complex information to clients
- Demonstrated experience in conducting basic linear equation modelling, forecasting using time series analysis and drawing statistical inferences
- Broad knowledge of the housing sector
- Good organizational skills, including project management and the ability to undertake and complete concurrent tasks
- Bilingualism is considered an important asset
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Communication/ Decisiveness/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Relationship Management/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 31, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC