Information Business Systems Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your analytical skills and your SAS expertise to this Information Business Systems Analyst role in Ottawa.
As a member of the Market Analysis Centre (MAC) team, you will be on the leading edge of housing market forecasts and analysis. The objective of this position is to provide the delivery of services and products to corporate clients, through effective systems analysis and design, modeling, programming and data manipulation.
This 9 month temporary position is an exceptional opportunity for a result driven analyst and a strong team player to join Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Analyzing requirements and creating products/systems for the dissemination of products to clients.
- Delivering programming solutions by developing end-user systems on all levels of computer platforms primarily on the latest SAS products.
- Performing the analysis and development of automation and re-engineering opportunities for clients by streamlining processes and developing and enhancing new and existing products.
- Performing quantitative analysis and modeling for housing research, policy issues and specific task forces using both the corporate databases and the Statistics Canada databases.
- Managing and completing multiple simultaneous projects, analyzing potential conflicting priorities from various regions or divisions, recommending work schedules and delivering products as proposed.
- Identifying opportunities where better utilization could be made of computer technology for data access and dissemination, and developing and implementing user written systems for improvements.
- Performing programming and quantitative analysis services for the field analysts, MAC, and Research, on policy issues and specific task forces using both the corporate databases and the external databases (e.g. Statistics Canada and MLS databases).
- Integrating, assimilating and reconciling data from alternate sources, analyzing and disseminating results for input into requests from external clients or corporate analysts.
- Performing analysis of requirements for data access and responding with appropriate systems or method of dissemination.
- Introducing and following existing quality assurance processes to ensure that all disseminated products contain accurate data and are of high quality.
What We Are Looking For
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of structured analysis, design and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated experience of Information Systems techniques, practices and software is essential, in particular using the most recent SAS products.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/Flexibility/Project Management/Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on January 15, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.