Enumerator - Starts and Completion Survey - Casual Position - 3 to 5 Days per Month - Gatineau Region
Casual Enumerator - Gatineau, Aylmer and Hull
CMHC: Because what I do matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and Financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiaised housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your research and data collection skills to this casual part-time Enumerator position - 3 to 5 days per month in Gatineau, Aylmer and Hull Region.
We are looking for candidates with research, data collection, telephone and verbal/written communication skills for our monthly/quaterly Starts, Completions and Market Absorption Survey.
Timeframe: Monthly, approximately 3 to 5 days /mid-month
As an Enumerator, SCS-MAS, you will collect data related to housing starts, completions, new home sales and pricing within your assigned geographic territory
How you will be contributing:
- Working with the Surveys team to ensure the on-going achievement of Market Analysis Centers (MAC) goals for collecting quality survey data within tight monthly deadlines
- Collecting new residential construction data in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with CMHC standards within your assigned geographic territory
- Visiting construction sites and sales offices and contacting developers, builders and municipalities in order to gather required information
- Building and maintaining professional rapport in all your interactions
- Organizing your work to optimize travel and ensure efficient data collection within tight deadlines
What we are looking for:
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
- Relevant experience in field data collection or survey-based research is an asset
- Relevant experience in the real estate and/or construction industry is an asset
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered
- Strong written, oral and telephone communication skills, interpersonal relations and networking skills
- High degree of accuracy and a propensity for detail, and ability to follow highly detailed instructions
- Strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to organize and accurately record a high volume of data efficiently
- High level of independence, flexibility and proactive attitude
- Strong knowledge of your assigned teritory and ability to plan routes and read maps
- Knowledge of-mail applications. Ability to perform Internet searches and to use spreadsheets (EXCEL).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Additional Requirements and Information
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some weekends
- A valid driver's license is required and an access to a reliable vehicle and insurance for $1,000,000 public liability and property damage is also required to complete some travel (mostly site visits).
- Candidate must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Have access to a computer and to Internet at home
- Training will be provided.
- Current mileage rates will be reimbursed for travel within the assigned territory.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 on April 20th, 2017.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Please note however, that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.