Enumerator , Rental Market Survey
ENUMERATOR, RENTAL MARKET SURVEY
Market Analysis Centre
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
The Market Analysis Centre (MAC) is Canada's leading source of reliable and objective housing market analysis and information. As part of its activities, every year, MAC conducts various telephone surveys among rental and condominium property owners and managers.
MAC is currently seeking enumerators to carry out these surveys.
Maximum employment period: From September 25 to October 31, 2017
Salary: $18.80 per hour
Full Time Schedule: Variable, representing around 30 to 37.5 hours of work per week, from Monday to Friday and, occasionally, Saturday
Language requirement: English Essential, Bilingualism (French and English) an asset
Security requirement: Reliability clearance
Place of work: CMHC office, at 1894 Barrington St. Barrington Tower, Halifax, NS
Interviews: Candidates will be selected based on interviews that will take place during the week of August 14th, 2017.
Under the responsibility of the Survey Administrator, you must collect and record specific data on rents and rental market availability, while preserving the professional image of CMHC and creating a bond of trust with the people you contact.
- contact rental and condominium property owners and managers by telephone, in order to collect information on the buildings (for example, number of units, number of unoccupied units by bedroom type, rent amounts and services included in the rents); and,
- after collecting the information, complete and return a form to the person responsible for data entry.
What We Are Looking For
- You have a high school diploma,
- You have superior interpersonal communication skills,
- You have experience in client service,
- You demonstrate competencies including:
- independence and initiative,
- organizational skills,
- reliability and punctuality,
- excellent client service skills, and
- the ability to conduct interviews.
Experience in telephone surveys and bilingualism (English and French) are assets.
- Given the strict confidentiality of the data collected by the enumerators, successful candidates will subject to a security screening prior to being hired.
Advantages of working as an enumerator at CMHC
- Competitive hourly wage
- Flexible schedule
- Good working environment
- Office located downtown, easily accessible by public transit
This job posting will be active until August 21st, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until successful candidates have been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.