Bilingual Scheduling Assistant - Office of the President
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong communication and problem solving skills as well as your calendar management expertise to this Scheduling Assistant position in Ottawa.
Reporting to the Advisor to the President, the Scheduling Assistant will predominantly be responsible for scheduling and organizing all President’s and President’s Advisor meetings and travelling arrangements according to current policies and procedures. As a member of the President’s Office team, you will be liaising and responding to extensive and various meeting requests and demands from the Minister, the public, Members of Parliament, provincial and municipal governments, housing industry stakeholders, important clients and public interest groups as well as cross-functional business lines within CMHC.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Managing the President’s and Advisor’s daily calendars by scheduling appointments, meetings, conference calls and committee meetings, which involves maintaining up to date three (3) calendars and adjusting these to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Planning and coordinating the President’s and Advisor’s travel arrangements and ensuring all travel claims, requests and invoices are processed for payment.
- Preparing the logistics of all President’s scheduled meetings, including accommodation, equipment and catering.
- Answering the President’s office calls and assisting in responding to requests directed to the President’s office and draft email correspondence from brief instructions.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record of all budget allocations and expenditures related to travel and hospitality.
- Liaising with Corporate Relations, Public Affairs and Corporate Secretariat as well as various business lines for the scheduling and coordination of President’s meetings and travel arrangements.
- Keeping the Executive Office Manager, President’s Advisor, President and others abreast of any travelling, calendar or meeting conflicts or issues that may arise.
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Office Manager and President’s Advisor in identifying priorities, risks and finding solutions.
- Providing general clerical and administrative services as required.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with a minimum two (2) years of related work experience in managing senior executives’ calendars and travel arrangements. An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Experience in the public service would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in managing senior executives’ daily calendars.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating travel arrangements for senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience in processing invoices and travel claims.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- Knowledge of efficient executive office operating procedures and practices.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Commitment to Official Languages/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Please note that the official internal job title for this position is Administrative Assistant.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.