Bilingual Receptionist (English\\French)
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your client service and interpersonal skills as well as your administrative expertise to this Receptionist, Administrative Services position in Vancouver, BC.
As a member of the Administrative Service team, you will provide administrative support and reception services to CMHC's British Columbia's Region.
This 18-month temporary, full-time, position is an exceptional opportunity for a client focused and detail oriented individual to expand his or her career within CMHC, an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing reception and administration services to the British Columbia's Business Centre: Greeting clients, responding to inquiries from the general public, answering and directing telephone inquiries, providing mail services, maintaining functionality of reception area, mail room and other common area rooms.
- Providing support to the Shared Service Centre at National Office, by ensuring that all cheques received are processed daily as per guidelines.
- Responding to inquiries from clients, stakeholders and members of the general public in the official language of their choice (English or French) over the phone and in person and refers complex inquiries to appropriate staff when applicable.
- Acting as the liaison with building management to arrange for repairs and monitoring administrative requests from staff via Facilities Management Portal (software), taking action on these requests, and communicating with staff on the status of the requests.
- Processing of invoices (coding and data-entry of invoices).
- Processing of incoming cash receipts
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Additionally, you may be assisting another sector with data entry and/or telephone enumeration work.
What We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma with minimum two (2) years' related receptionist or administrative support work experience.
- College Certificate or Diploma from an Office Administration or Business Administration program would be considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- would be considered.
- Experience in overseeing building/facilities management repairs and monitoring all incoming administrative requests from staff.
- Knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate and objectives and a commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Knowledge of efficient office operating procedures and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact, judgement and diplomacy) and the ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal) with clients.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to resolve admin-related issues in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy for coding payment requisitions and recording cheques.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong computer abilities and ability to work in an automated environment: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Open Mindedness/ Listening/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) on August 1, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level and write in English at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.