Bilingual Human Resources Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your client service skills and your coordination expertise to the Human Resources Assistant position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Human Resources Shared Services team, you will actively collaborate in the delivery of a wide range of efficient and effective human resource services in support of HR operations. You will provide expertise, advice and support to clients on various HR systems, policies and procedures by maintaining a level of service that is responsive, effective and efficient to respond to client needs. You will also work with other HR Assistants on the team to ensure appropriate staffing back-up is in place when necessary.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients by responding to all requests seeking HR information and services including questions on terms and conditions of employment, benefits, HR policies, systems and programs;
- Providing ad-hoc training/coaching/guidance to clients in the use of various HR systems such as Human Resources Management System (HRMS), HR on-line and Applicant Tracking System Taleo;
- Creating, analyzing, and determining input and changes/data into the Human Resources Management System including salary adjustments, salary calculations, promotions, transfers, assignments, employee personal data and benefits, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of information;
- Providing support for recruitment activities including preparing competition files, scheduling interviews, corresponding with candidates, preparing letters of offer/regret, coordinating language and/or other testing, ensuring that competition files are complete, coordinating security clearance and liaising with the hiring committee throughout the process;
- Using in-depth knowledge of Human Resources services and systems to research, analyze and provide background on a wide range of human resource issues to the HR team;
- Preparing the orientation documentation of new employees; providing benefits information and explaining the procedures for benefits enrolment;
- Managing and maintaining HR records, ensuring the accessibility and security of the documentation as well as maintaining the confidentiality of personal information;
- Participating in the development of HR process improvements and system initiatives and assisting in the implementation and delivery of HR products and services;
- Assisting in the administration of short term disability/long term disability and Workers Compensation Benefit claims;
- Consulting with HR functional experts at National Office in the resolution of issues and/or the provision of information (e.g. pension, benefits etc.).
What We Are Looking For
- College Diploma in Office Administration or in a related field and at least two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience responding to client inquiries (internal and external);
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multiple administrative tasks;
- Demonstrated experience using an electronic database system and the Microsoft Office suite at an advanced level;
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy);
- Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written);
- Excellent organizational and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Good judgment, professionalism, credibility and diplomacy;
- Ability to analyse information and data;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Post-secondary education in human resources management is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience working with human resources management systems is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience working with human resources policies and procedures is an asset;
Proficiency of on-line applicant tracking system Taleo is an asset.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/Efficiency/Flexibility/Maximizing Quality/Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT on November 30, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.