Bilingual Executive Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your tact and your communication skills to this Executive Assistant position in Ottawa. This position will support the Office of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and interpersonal individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system.
You will provide coordination and prioritization for the day-to-day operation of the CRO's Office while providing diversified executive level administrative and office support to senior management and other members of the Sector.
You Will Be Contributing by:
- Participating in daily sessions with the CRO, keeping abreast of issues and priorities to ensure information flow within the sector, which is a critical component of the position as management decisions and directives must be channeled to staff.
- Handling all docket assignments on behalf of the CRO in a timely manner, ensuring that assignment instructions are clear and that appropriate timelines are provided.
- Coordinating with the division's Management team and gathers required information related to Management Committee (MC) agenda items and ensures they are logged.
- Coordinating and providing general clerical and administrative services to the CRO including coordination of translation requests, printing and IT support.
- Screening all incoming material and any relevant issues and bring to the CRO's and management team's attention as appropriate.
- Participating in weekly management team meetings where s/he, is responsible for preparing meeting agendas seeking input from the team.
- Providing necessary analysis and research ensuring the CRO is kept well informed.
- Verifying and ensuring the quality of critical documents prepared for or on behalf of the CRO.
What We Are Looking For
- College diploma/certificate in Office Management or Administration, with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and providing general clerical and administrative services to an executive;
- Demonstrated experience working for a medium to large sized organization;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written);
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff throughout the Corporation and external stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Considerable working knowledge of administrative systems and processes, policies and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills and proven organizational skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and power point applications and some data base knowledge;
- Basic accounting knowledge related to budgets;
- Excellent knowledge of political sensitivities and the diverse interests of stakeholders;
- Proven ability to analyze and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in the public service would be considered an asset;
- General knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate, objectives and administrative processes considered an asset.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals.
Analytical Thinking / Commitment to Official Languages / Communication (Presenting and Influencing) / Efficiency / Flexibility / Focus on Results / Maximizing Quality / Organizational Know-How and Awareness / Political and Cultural Sensitivity / Relationship Building / Teamwork.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on July 16, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write, and speak in your second official language at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC (contract or permanent).