Bilingual Executive Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong interpersonal and time management skills as well as your administrative expertise to this Executive Assistant position in Ottawa.
As a valuable member of the Finance team, you will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will be providing administrative, budget monitoring, and secretarial support to the Finance Division including research, analytical, technological, project coordination for a variety of operational, office management and client relations functions. As the CFO’s Executive Assistant, you will also act as the first point of contact for all communications between the President’s office, Vice-Presidents, Directors, Finance Management Team and the Finance staff group.
This 13-month temporary full-time position is an exceptional opportunity for an independent, resourceful and efficient team player to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing a wide range of administrative functions for the CFO and the six VPs/Directors, as well as their teams in order to support the divisional objectives and work.
- Coordinating and prioritizing the day-to-day activities, identifying and shifting priorities as required for individual or group projects related to the division.
- Managing the CFO’s daily calendar by scheduling meetings, conferences, appointments and video conferences as well as preparing the logistics for all the scheduled meetings, including meeting agenda, accommodation, equipment and catering.
- Liaising with Corporate Secretariat regarding all Board of Directors’ Committees agenda items and ensures timelines meet the sector’s reporting requirements.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record of all budget allocations and expenditures (i.e. invoices, travel and hospitalityclaims) and identifying/raising issues regarding potential CFO budget shortfalls that need to be promptly rectified.
- Monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing dockets, correspondence and quarterly performance reports.
- Preparing and/or reformatting documentations, reports and presentations for meetings and training sessions.
- Providing support and overall coordination of an electronic logging or BF system which records incoming deliverables, status of the work and response deadline.
- Tracking and monitoring turnaround on the review of management submissions, business cases, Finance action plans and dockets.
- Anticipating, planning, and undertaking support services (e.g. translation, space allocation, supplies management, etc.) for the Finance division to ensure ongoing task, project and operational requirements are efficiently and effectively managed.
- Ensuring the communication of sensitive matters and priorities by briefing the CFO and management team’s attention as appropriate.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College Diploma in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with a minimum four (4) years of related work experience in providing administrative and/or secretarial support to senior management OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in the public service would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in managing senior executives’ daily calendars.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating travel arrangements for senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience in processing invoices and travel claims.
- Proven experience in budget planning and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, databases and web applications.
- Knowledge of efficient executive office operating procedures and practices.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Ability to handle a large and diverse number of requests and issues concurrently, to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on February 27, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Please note that candidates may be considered for similar positions in other sectors of the corporation within the next 6-months.