Bilingual Executive Assistant
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as your administrative expertise to this bilingual Executive Assistant position in Ottawa.
As a valuable member of the Public Affairs team, you will be reporting to the Vice-President (VP) of Public Affairs and will be providing administrative, budget monitoring, and secretarial support to the Public Affairs Division including research, analytical, technological, project coordination for a variety of operational, office management and client relations functions. As the Executive Assistant of the Public Affairs Division, you will also act as the first point of contact for all communications between the President’s office, Vice-Presidents, Public Affairs Management Team and the Public Affairs staff group.
This permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an independent, resourceful and efficient team player to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Providing a wide range of administrative functions for the Vice-President and the Director, Communications and Marketing Client Services, as well as their teams in order to support the divisional objectives and work.
- Monitoring day to day activities, identifying and shifting priorities as required for individual or group projects related to the division.
- Maintaining the VP’s daily calendar by scheduling meetings and appointments, adjusting to accommodate shifting priorities, monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing dockets, correspondence and quarterly performance reports.
- Providing support and overall coordination of an electronic logging or BF system which records incoming deliverables, status of the work and response deadline.
- Tracking and monitoring turnaround on the review of management submissions, business cases, audit action plans and dockets.
- Anticipating, planning, and undertaking support services for the Public Affairs division to ensure ongoing task, project and operational requirements are efficiently and effectively managed.
- Ensuring the communication of sensitive matters and priorities by briefing the VP, Directors, Managers and/or senior staff appropriately.
- Performing preliminary research on audit standards, audit environment and best practices with guidance from the management team.
- Preparing documentations, reports and presentations for meetings and training sessions.
- Managing the division’s paper-based files and electronic databases. The framework of databases must meet the division’s information management and internal communication needs.
- Ensuring that all invoices, request and travel claims are properly coded and processed for payment and identifying/raising issues regarding potential VP budget shortfalls that need to be promptly rectified.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- A high school diploma with a minimum of 3 years’ of relevant work experience in an administrative and/or secretarial level positions OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative and office support services to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software and database applications (i.e. MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Enterprise Content Management, TeamMate, Visio, electronic mail and spreadsheets);
- Experience in budget planning and management.
- General understanding of CMHC's mandate and its business activities.
- Knowledge of Public Affairs mandate and its administrative requirements.
- Knowledge of efficient office operating procedures and practices, including record management and office logistics.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity) and the ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities concurrently, work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Commitment to Official Languages/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Maximizing Quality/ Organizational Know-How and Awareness/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Relationship Building/Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on October 23, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, speak and write in your second official language at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Please note that candidates may be considered for similar positions in other sectors of the corporation within the next 6-months.