Bilingual Employee Relations Analyst
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical-thinking skills and your administrative expertise to this Analyst role in Ottawa.
This permanent full-time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and detailed-oriented individual. As a member of the Employee Relations (ER) team, you will support and administer absence management services and contribute to the delivery of ER programs and initiatives.
How You Will Be Contributing
- File management related to Short-Term Disability (STD), accommodation or intermittent absence files that are being referred to our AMS provider;
- Analyzing and synthesizing pertinent file information in order to build an effective Employee Relations file;
- Tracking Long-Term Disability cases and ensuring appropriate HR staff are kept apprised of important milestones;
- Processing payment of various Employee Relations invoices;
- Referring all National Office ergonomic assessment requests to our external provider and coordinating implementation of the results;
- Assisting Employee Relations Manager (Chair of Wellness and Mental Health Committee) with meeting preparation and logistics, taking minutes and providing overall support to the committee;
- Administering and coordinating any ER training initiatives, ex. Wellness sessions and webinars;
- Providing administrative and logistical support as needed to the Manager, Employee Relations, the Consultants, Employee Relations or the Co-ordinator, Disability Management;
- Developing and implementing communications plans and developing and distributing communications or educational material for the HR sector, CMHC employees and managers with respect to ER programs and initiatives;
- Conducting research, benchmarking and analysis to identify best practices and assisting with enhancements to ER programs, policies and initiatives;
- Administering the Exit Program, including liaising with the service provider to ensure continuity of service, resolve technical issues, and prepare reports for the Manager, ER;
- Managing the procurement of services and the establishment or modification of contracts;
- Undertaking all research and audit of files to respond to ATIP requests related to ER files;
- Responding to various tasks related to the functioning of the Presidentâ??s Advisory Council (PACo), such as coordination of meetings, PACo member elections and ad-hoc requests;
- Administering the contract with the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, ensuring all services are delivered as outlined including the development, promotion and dissemination of related materials;
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for training through the EFAP program and coordinating training logistics;
- Responding to inquiries concerning the Conflict of Interest Policy and its application; reviewing Conflict of Interest declarations to determine whether or not there is a potential for a conflict of interest;
- Producing various reports for submission to the Manager, Employee Relations and/or the Management Committee.
What We Are Looking For
- Post-secondary diploma in the area of Labour Relations, Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration or related area with a minimum 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in file management using an electronic file management system;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with sensitive issues;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Human Resources and Employee Relations policies, programs, practices, theories, concepts and systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of employment law and regulations, legislative issues and industry trends relating to ER;
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources;
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with ability to multitask and prioritize requests and activities while meeting deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to handle sensitive, personal information with all due respect for privacy;
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written) with ability to draft business correspondence and communications;
- Good judgment, professionalism, credibility and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in an automated environment (proficiency with MS Office products required).
- Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
- Analytical Thinking / Commitment to Official Languages / Communication (Presenting and Influencing) / Maximizing Quality / Relationship Building / Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 26, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write and speak in your second official language at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance