Bilingual Coordinator, Business Insurance
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs.
As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your client service abilities, efficiency and strong organizational skills to this Coordinator, Insurance Business position in Montréal.
This full-time permanent is part of the Multi-Unit Underwriting team. As a member of the Multi-Unit Underwriting team, you will provide operational support to the multiples underwriting and sales function. You will assume responsibility for different human resources administrative activities to ensure compliance with CMHC's policies and practices.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and maintaining a daily bring forward system for requests, schedules and actions to be taken in relation to the management of the Centre.
- Communicating all the information required about our multi-unit underwriting programs.
- Explaining and interpreting the guidelines and procedures to internal clients or service providers.
- Managing all client file movements, from the receipt of the original application until the official notification of the decision (approved or declined).
- Logging in the insurance applications for all multi-unit housing projects.
- Checking the documentation submitted to make sure that all the necessary information is included and, as required, contacting the clients to obtain and forward the complete application file to the underwriter for analysis.
- Informing clients about the status or progress of their application.
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma and at least two years of experience acquired in support positions with similar responsibilities, or any other combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in client service.
- Demonstrated knowledge and command of the Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Strong ability to work independently and high degree of personal initiative to successfully accomplish the different tasks in an environment with a high volume of work.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French.
- Tact, discretion, judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent projects.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Teamwork, efficiency/maximizing quality, flexibility, communication
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on March 20, 2017. However, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.