Bilingual Bankruptcy Administrator
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your coordination skills and your customer service expertise to this Bankruptcy Administrator position in Ottawa.
As a member of the National Recoveries team, you will review all bankruptcy files to ensure proposals set out by the debtors and the Bankruptcy Trustees maximize the recoveries available to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. You will also review the payment terms set out by the Bankruptcy Trustee to ensure monthly payments are maximized based on the debtor's ability to pay
This 12 month temporary position is an exceptional opportunity for result-driven team player to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience
How You Will Be Contributing
- Creating new accounts in the automated Delinquency Recovery System (DRS) while ensuring data quality;
- Tracking Bankruptcy accounts to ensure all dividends as set out in the proposal are received by CMHC by reviewing the 170 reports received on each file prior to the bankruptcy discharge;
- Where necessary opposing the discharge of bankruptcies if the terms of the agreement have not been followed and CMHC did not receive dividends as set out in the bankruptcy proposal;
- Reviewing non-judgment bankruptcy accounts and judgment bankruptcy accounts that have gone sine die and advise Team Leader;
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of provincial requirements and exemptions as well as legislative changes which may affect bankruptcy recoveries;
- Monitoring the discharge of bankrupt accounts and follows up to ensure Judgment Administrators have closed the account in the Delinquency Recovery System (DRS);
- Acts as the subject matter specialist in maximizing the recoveries on the bankruptcy accounts and advising the NRC Analyst on changes to the Bankruptcy Act.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of one to three years' experience in the mortgage servicing or collection business or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of the Delinquency Recovery System and its interaction with other Corporation systems such as GSL, GEAC and MICS;
- Knowledge of the legislative environments related to judgments and bankruptcy in all provinces and territories;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Corporation's judgment collection policies, the Bankruptcy Act, the Privacy Act and their impact on recoveries;
- A good working knowledge on the National Housing Act;
- Proficient in the use of corporate software including Lotus Smart Suite, Microsoft products, Delinquency Recovery System (DRS), Generalized Sub Ledger (GSL), Mortgage Insurance Claims System (MICS), Underwriting Policy System (UPS) and emili Underwriting (UR);
- Consistent display of tact and diplomacy in communications with clients;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to present and discuss information pertinent to an assignment in a clear and concise manner.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on October 31, 2016, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm. Candidates currently not meeting this requirement may be considered.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.