Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English\\French)
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your administration, teamwork and interpersonal skills to this Assistant, Administrative Services position, in Vancouver, BC.
As a member of the Vancouver Office Administrative Services team, you will provide quality administrative office support services to the Region's employee to meet their business objectives.
This 12-month full-time temporary position is an exceptional opportunity for a client-focused, efficient team player with strong problem-solving skills to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world-leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience
How You Will Be Contributing
Delivering quality administrative services in an efficient, cost-effective and solution-oriented manner by:
- Supporting the Office Manager in the planning, measuring, budgeting and reporting for Administrative Services by completing individually assigned tasks, work in teams as appropriate and actively participating in meetings and discussions.
- Supporting regional operational decisions and proactively look for opportunities to resolve admin-related issues in a timely manner.
- Assisting in procuring goods and services following CMHC's procurement policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with the regional I&T service provider on staff moves and inventory control.
- Providing effective and efficient services to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and offering solutions and recommendations in resolving unforeseen issues.
- Promoting a team environment, sharing information and providing backup assistance in the absence of a team member.
- Promoting the use of the Facilities Management Portal and Reservation database for service requests and respond to these requests on a timely basis.
- Supporting the Region's Business Continuity Plan Coordinator, including by keeping the contact list for key staff and stakeholders up to date.
- Identifying and assisting with the promotion of Health and Safety and Green initiatives in the Region.
- Building and maintaining a network of internal and external contacts to help in the provisioning of administrative services.
- Supporting the Vancouver's Business Centre's administrative projects.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- College diploma and a minimum of 2 years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A university degree or certificate in Business Administration or related field combined with demonstrated administrative experience would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative and office support services to management and staff.
- Experience in budget planning and preparing financial reports.
- Knowledge of administration practices, including file management, office procedures and logistics.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy) and ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written).
- Strong computer abilities and ability to work in an automated environment: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrated client service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Flexibility / Organizational Know-How and Awareness / Communication (Presenting and Influencing) / Maximizing Quality and Efficiency / Teamwork / Open-mindedness and Listening / Interpersonal Skills / Commitment to Official Languages
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) on August 1, 2017 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read and speak in your second official language at an intermediate level and to write in English at an advanced level. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.