Assistant Event Coordinator
2 year contract
Granville Island is administered by CMHC on behalf of the Federal Government. The mission of CMHC with respect to Granville Island, is to maintain and foster Granville Island as a unique urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver, a place where visitors of all ages and income can meet, browse, explore and experience a variety of cultural, recreational, educational, commercial retail, arts and industrial activities on a year round basis.
The Island's special ambiance has been created through a joint public, private and non-profit enterprise respectful of its heritage, committed to its excellence and mindful of its purpose.
The Island is an urban park serving about 10.0 million people each year providing a sound business environment for 275 businesses and bringing jobs for 2,800 people on a 17 hectare site comprising both land and water.
Bring your organization and administrative skills along with your creativity to this exciting position on Granville Island
This new, temporary full time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and creative individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while contributing to the success of programming on Granville Island. You will help plan and coordinate a wide range of diverse events and programming in outdoor public spaces and in Granville Island venues, while providing administrative support to the Public Affairs & Programming department.
How You Will Be Contributing:
- Working with the Public Affairs & Programming Department to increase the scale and variety of arts & culture activity on Granville Island, day and night.
- Helping develop new programming that enhances the festival culture on Granville Island.
- Assisting with programming new and enhanced public spaces to meet specified objectives and in accordance with planned schedules and budgets.
- Liaising with performers, crew and external cultural organizers during planning and execution of programming.
- Communicate with Granville Island staff, tenants, security, traffic control and event participants to provide event information and ensure smooth execution.
- Assisting with site set-up and strike.
- Performing administrative duties associated with producing the events, such as procurement, filing, preparing performer agreements for approval and execution, and performer coordination
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of two years' experience in event organization/management and implementation.
- Post-secondary training in events management would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Flexible schedule that includes weekends and shift work. This may include attending partner events as pre-approved by the Manager.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, simultaneously coordinating the "big picture", while attending to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to motivate and enjoy working with people.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of Granville Island programming would be an asset.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals.
Communication (Presenting and Influencing), Project Management, Teamwork, Efficiency, Flexibility
APPLY to: cmhc.ca/careers
This job posting will be active until 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 6, 2017 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance