Analyst Innovation Fund
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your analytical skills and your program management expertise to this Analyst position in Ottawa.
This 12-month full-time temporary position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Northern Housing and Innovation team, where you will support the effective delivery and administration of the Innovation Fund Initiative for Affordable Rental Housing and analyze proposals received from housing proponents requesting investments through the Innovation Fund.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Managing and organizing the intake of proposals for the innovation fund and coordinating the internal team review to categorize completeness of proposal in line with initiatives criteria.
- Reviewing and analyzing proposals received for completeness, identifying models which will require further review by legal.
- Consulting with team members on the projects moving forward and coordinating with colleagues to ensure follow-up with the proponents.
- Supporting in identifying unique models through the intake of proposals and coordinating with Communications staff to ensure these projects are given federal visibility through the creation of articles, videos, and other related marketing tools.
- Tracking and gathering progress reports from the proponents throughout the project lifecycle and results upon completion, reporting accordingly.
- Gathering and analysing data and preparing reports on activity funded through the Innovation Fund initiatives and coordinating inputs for corporate and statutory reporting.
- Verifying data for CMHC data collection systems and liaising with system staff on issues, problems, complaints, etc.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of monitoring processes, including the monitoring of the budget spending plan and work with team members to create and maintain effective data monitoring protocols.
- Administering the program budget including monitoring and reporting of expenditures, preparing cheque requisitions for advance of funds as approved and preparing reports.
- Organizing and coordinating the logistics for quarterly country-wide innovation lab and preparing quarterly reports on the results.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values
- A university or college degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance and Investments or accounting and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. A combination of training and several years of work experience in related positions, with progressively increasing responsibilities will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in program administration.
- Demonstrated experience assessing project viability.
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated planning skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Broad knowledge of federally funded Affordable Housing programs and their context.
- Broad knowledge of housing finance.
- Understanding of the implications of public policy and political environment on federal/provincial housing programs.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytic Thinking/ Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/ Efficiency/ Flexibility/ Focus on Results/ Forward/Strategic Thinking/ Maximizing Quality/ Project Management/ Relationship Building/ Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on May 21, 2017 however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Please note that due to an expansion of CMHC's National Office to the Place d'Orléans shopping centre, this position will be temporarily located at 110 Place d'Orléans Drive in Ottawa, Ontario for a period of at least two years.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.