Analyst, Process Improvement
CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your operational and strategic leadership skills to this position in Ottawa.
As a member of the Corporate Process Redesign team, you will be responsible for supporting team members and clients in reducing process complexity and variability according to Corporate Process Redesign's strategic priorities and best practices. You will support all projects, helping to ensure business process engagements meet objectives and are on time and on budget. With guidance from the Business Process Consultant, the incumbent facilitates problem solving sessions, or "GE work-outs", intended to strategically assist business lines with identifying innovative, value-added solutions to complex problems to improve operational excellence.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Working with the process improvement team to support business lines and functions by identifying, analyzing, structuring, prioritizing, sequencing and capturing significant business process improvement opportunities
- Carrying out support functions with the objective of improving productivity as well as the customer and employee experience
- Supporting creation of deliverables for each of the five phases in process improvement (DMAIC) process: design, measure, analyze, improve, and control
- Assisting the team in responding to client requests for process improvement support as part of existing projects including: facilitation services, brainstorming, problem identification, training and awareness
- Supporting the delivery of process improvement solutions and the facilitation of change and resistance management
- Identifying and articulating process inefficiencies, while providing advice and recommendations in the form of reusable solutions
- Developing a network and building strong relationships, engaging in cross-functional activities, and collaborating with a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of process improvement related training programs, including the documentation of requirements
- Assisting with planning and measurement activities
What We Are Looking For (Essentials)
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 3 years of recent and/or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of using strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse business processes and workflows;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships
- Open-mindedness and a passion for learning and exploring new ideas and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, facilitate and deliver training as required
- Understanding of basics of change management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Demonstrated experience in supporting several concurrent projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with management to influence decision making and persuade others to take course of action
- Demonstrated experience in managing and facilitating idea generating and solution-based sessions with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research and analysis, synthesize and presenting information
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and frameworks (e.g. lean six sigma);
- Demonstrated experience working within the Government of Canada or financial/banking/insurance industry;
- Professional certification including ADKAR, Lean Six Sigma, PMP.
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/Coaching and Feedback/Communication (Presenting and Influencing)/Consensus Building/Decisiveness/Flexibility/Forward/Strategic Thinking/Open-Mindedness/Listening
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST April 24, 2017, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Some positions may require bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/ouhipr/ouhipr_004.cfm
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- Fully qualified applicants may be considered for similar future staffing opportunities in the Innovation and Change Management Team