Work Term Student 7
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Work Term Student 7 within our Deputy City Manager B Office Division.
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES: If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a "Current Part-time employee" in the "Custom Information" section of your on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number" in order to be considered for this job opportunity.
Please note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
- Provide a "single window" for receiving and distributing internally within the City frequent technical submissions from a Provincial agency that is constructing a major multi-year infrastructure project.
- Communicating with numerous staff in several City divisions with respect to the timing and details of their response to the agency's submissions.
- Consolidation of comments from each City division and reply to the Provincial agency with formal documentation and record-keeping.
- Maintain a schedule of submissions, meetings, and other communications between the City and Provincial agency with respect to all aspects of capital coordination.
- Assist in the provision of public communication regarding the City's involvement in the planning, design and construction of the infrastructure project.
- Must have completed 7 educational semesters in a post-secondary degree or diploma program.
- Experience communicating technical information to a diverse audience including planners, engineers and other professions.
- Experience writing newsletters or other forms of media communications.
- Experience consolidating information from multiple sources to produce documents or reports.
- Experience tracking multiple deadlines and coordinating timed submissions to ensure fulfillment of client/customer expectations.
- Experience working independently and cooperatively in a small team environment.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.