Water Maintenance Worker 3
Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must re-apply after six (6) months.
- Assists with the operation and/or maintenance and/or repairs and/or inspection and/or installation of all wastewater systems and appurtenances including trunk and interceptor sewer systems.
- Utilizes a variety of hand and power tools and equipment/vehicles associated with wastewater treatment, including wastewater pumping and collection system operations and maintenance.
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintains accurate records utilizing field sheets and/or electronic devices
- Performs related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "D" license with "Z" endorsement and qualify for the City's drivers' permit and Provincial equipment operating permits.
- Must have a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to the above work.
- Must be able to work in and possess the ability to obtain the necessary knowledge of confined space entry regulations, trenching,shoring and construction and City policies and procedures.
- You will also be required to demonstrate:
- Ability to use construction equipment tools, materials and techniques.
- Ability to communicate courteously with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to read field and utility drawings.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to prepare and complete forms, schedules, checklists, reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain vehicles and equipment in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Ability to work overtime and call-ins as required.
- Ability to report to various work sites.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties in all weather conditions and in a waste water treatment, pumping or collection system environment.
- Must be able to work shifts/weekends and stand-by.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.