Support Assistant C
Number of Positions, Work Location, and Temporary Duration Information:
- One (1) vacancy locates at Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, Scarborough Inspections Unit - 11 months
- One (1) vacancy locates at Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Drive, Customer Service Unit - 6 months
- One (1) vacancy locates at North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, Customer Service Unit - 6 months
- One (1) vacancy locates at North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, Inspections East Unit - 6 months
- Responds to records related inquiries from the public, staff, Councillors and lawyers requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents. Selects and presents data. Determines and corrects errors
- Performs records searches, as well as screens material before disclosure to the public, prepares documents by removing restricted elements prior to public viewing. Releases information and monitor viewing in accordance with MFIPPA (Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) legislation and Divisional Routine Disclosure policies
- Receives applications for disclosure of Divisional Records under the Division's Routine Disclosure policy, from the public, other internal divisions and external agencies and ensure accuracy and completeness. Receive and process payments and issue receipts
- Drafts correspondence and perform general clerical/word processing functions. Input, update and maintain data
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill
- Prepares presentation materials, forms etc.
- Utilize layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Utilizes computer database for entering application information or checking application status as needed
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for Divisional records/documents using appropriate filing methodology and prepare files for archiving
- Retrieves archived records/documents and prepare for conversion to electronic format
- Receives active documents and applications and converts to electronic format
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience working in a front-line customer service environment.
- Experience performing various clerical and administrative support duties.
- Experience working with records management and archives.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook.
- Experience utilizing and inputting data into databases that support the Division's core requirements, i.e. IBMS.
You must also have:
- Ability to deal with members of Council, officials, staff and the public and handle customer inquiries in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Knowledge applying the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Ability to work with automated and manual information control and retrieval systems in an integrated records management and archives environment.
- Ability to utilize other software packages relevant to supporting the division's core requirements (i.e. IBMS, Livelink).
- Ability to lift and move boxes (up to 10 kg).
- Excellent written and verbal communication accompanied with good interpersonal skills when dealing with the public and staff in other service areas.
- Ability to deal professionally and tactfully with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability in handling high volumes of work efficiently.
- Ability in working as a part of a team.
- Ability in handling high detailed work which requires high level organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and records management system.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of the functions of the Toronto Building Division would be an asset.
- Ability to set priorities and meet short timelines in completing duties.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID 2277118 and the job classification title.