Support Assistant C
On-Going Opportunities Description
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after six (6) months.
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents (e.g. enforcement of defaulted fines, license suspensions, warrants, probation orders, other court orders, interpreter request, dockets, case dispositions, MTO requests, photocopy requests, trial request, motion applications, extension applications, re-openings, walk-in-guilty pleas, filings of certificates and information etc.)
- Selects and presents data
- Determines and corrects errors
- Drafts correspondence (relating to legislative authorities and court processes). Inputs, updates and maintains data, e.g. processing certificates of offence and Information filed with court, Prepping court dockets, updating dispositions including FTR, scheduling trials etc.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill
- Prepares presentation materials, forms etc.
- Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents (e.g. trials, pending matters to be scheduled, schedules, tables, completed cases, docket payments, fines at collections, exhibits, recording tapes / digital recording files, reports, inventory data and manuals, receivables and completed matters) etc.
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation
- Receives, balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff
- Responds to inquiries requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function (e.g. call centre, public counter, intake counter and information desk)
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings
- Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail, cash, bank deposits
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience performing various clerical duties, including, filing, receiving payments, typing correspondence, preparing/dealing with invoices, etc.
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and/or computerized court management systems (i.e. ICON, PTMS etc.).
- Experience working with various filing systems and the management of large volumes of information both hard copy and electronic.
- Experience working in a customer service environment, dealing effectively with all levels of staff, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
You must also have:
- Ability to utilize layout of formatting procedures for text, charts, graphs and statistical data.
- Mathematical ability to compile statistical summaries and to balance accounting documents, e.g. FTR dockets, WIG dockets First Attendance dockets balance day end cash transactions etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask in a high pressure, high volume environment with minimal supervision, Ability to operate audio/visual systems and perform minor maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of legal and technical terms and court procedures and requirements, e.g. knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act, Courts of Justice Act, Administration of Justice Act and related regulations.
- Ability to type/keyboard at a fair rate of speed, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to meet and interact with judiciary, Legal Profession, Staff, Enforcement Agencies, Public and representative from external agencies and organizations in an efficient, discreet and professional manner.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 kg. Ability to work flexible and varied hours on a rotational basis.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.