Support Assistant C
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions to support various divisions within Toronto Water.
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents and drafts correspondence. Selects and presents data from manual or computerized fields for various summaries and reports. Determines and corrects errors.
- Responds to inquiries/complaints made in person, by telephone or in writing, requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function.
- Inputs, updates and maintains training data. Assists in maintaining and updating information on the division's intranet website.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. (e.g. MS Excel spreadsheet, MS Access database and/or SAP) Prepares presentation materials, forms etc. Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer.
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness. Issues/completes receipts/documentation. Receives, balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings. Attends meeting, takes and transcribes minutes. Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail.
- Providing backup at a busy, fast paced customer service counter.
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations.
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for various types of information, records and documents
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience performing clerical/administrative and office support duties.
- Experience accurately inputting information into database systems.
- Experience and proficiency in computerized software packages such as MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), email, and the ability to utilize other software such as SAP, etc.
- Experience working in a customer service environment with excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills, dealing effectively with all levels of staff, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to set up and maintain manual and computerized filing systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain
- Effective working relationships with all levels of staff, clients, the public, vendors/contractors/suppliers, etc. in person, by telephone and in writing in an effective, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to handle detailed work with accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete a number of tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, with the demonstrated ability to handle and resolve situations, utilizing knowledge of polices, practices and procedures
- Mathematical ability to compile statistical summaries and work and to balance accounting/budget related documents.
- Ability to participate in and operate within a fast paced, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with Hansen TMMS and/or RACS an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2269403 and the job classification title.