Support Assistant B
The Chief Corporate Office Organization (CCOO) is made up five Divisions and four Business and Strategic Sections, each with a unique mandate, that provide internal services across the City of Toronto (e.g., 311 Toronto, Environment & Energy, Facilities Management, Fleet Services, and Real Estate Services). The CCOO is spearheading many transformative projects from high-profile capital construction projects (i.e., Union Station), to customer service excellence, to strategies to maximize our real estate and facilities portfolio (Office Modernization).
Working within the Business Performance Management section, the Support Assistant B will be a part of a team of professionals and provide overall administrative support as it relates to project management, business reporting preparation, finance and administration, internal communications and customer service relative to the delivery of various divisional and corporate initiatives.
- Performs varied administrative tasks involving the preparation, research, summary and reconciliation of data and the control and expedition of documents, data, revenues, etc.
- Prepares and processes documents/statistical summaries/reports/invoices, etc. Assesses and analyses data. Drafts and signs correspondence.
- Assists the team in scheduling priorities and executing work projects, meetings, and new or pending assignments.
- Checks work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policies and procedures and corrects/resolves outstanding/incorrect items. Identifies issues and recommends solutions. Performs complex calculations.
- Directs, coordinates, schedules and trains assigned staff. Checks/verifies work of assigned staff.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepares presentation material, reports, communications, etc., utilizing detailed layout and formatting.
- Coordinates, inputs and maintains complex record/retrieval systems, including SAP in various financial and administrative processes such procurement and payables, etc. Maintains supplies inventories.
- Prepares, creates and administers Contract Release Orders, Divisional Purchase Orders and Purchase Orders, ensuring all criteria is met.
- Provides support on various divisional project initiatives.
- Respond to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from senior staff, the public, agencies and other levels of government utilizing in-depth knowledge of procedures, regulations and criteria.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, events and schedules with internal staff, senior management, external groups and other levels of government, etc. Prepares draft agendas and attends meetings. Takes/transcribes/distributes minutes and provides status report on follow-up action items.
- Receives and pays out cash and cheques, controls, monitors and balances petty cash, prepares bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciliations and processes/checks financial payments. Assists with budget administration for unit.
- Considerable experience providing administrative/clerical support in a corporate or business services environment performing project coordination, finance and administration support, and internal communications support.
- Considerable experience delivering exceptional customer service with respect to providing accurate information to and communicating with, service providers, the general public and/or staff to address a variety of inquiries.
- Considerable experience leveraging the full Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook) and online digital applications, in the creation of documents, reports and presentations for senior management.
- Experience preparing detailed correspondence, presentations, summaries, statements and documentation requiring the interpretation and application for a wide range of administrative/accounting/payroll practices.
- Experience and training in the use of SAP (e.g., Contract Release Orders, Divisional Purchase Orders, Purchase Orders, etc).
You must also have:
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to meet customers' needs and deal effectively with all levels of staff, senior management, councillors, the public and external contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to facilitate interaction with management, employees and representatives from external agencies including the general public.
- Strong data entry and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy. Ability to perform complex detailed calculations.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Team player attitude adaptable to change and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and under time constraints.
- Ability to travel to various sites as required.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2269182 and the job classification title.