Summer Trainee Inspection/Surveys
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Summer Trainee Inspection/Surveys within our Engineering & Construction Services Division.
As part of a field crew the position of Summer Trainee - Inspection/Surveys, you will assist inspectors/surveyors to carry out surveying work on all phases of Construction Inspection, Engineering Surveys, Property Surveys, or Geodetic Surveys.
- Assists with construction inspection/field survey operations of infrastructure renewal programs, such as watermain rehabilitation, water/sewer service renewal/ replacement, sewer rehabilitation, road reconstruction and related programs, transportation and real estate property surveys.
- Assists with compiling data in support of the various performance measures/indicators or linear operations.
- Assists with the backlog data entry into the works management system.
- Assists in providing quality control and audit.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in an Engineering, Surveying or Geomatics as recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities.
- General Knowledge of municipal engineering and surveying practices including familiarity with GIS/GPS/CADD/Geomatic/Robotic technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to use various software tools and applications for developing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and present information.
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis and manipulation of data.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Positions in the Construction Inspection unit may require a valid Province of Ontario drivers licence and daily access to a fully insured vehicle, reimbursed by meterage.
- 18 Dyas Road (16 positions) or 390 The West Mall (1 position).
- Please note some positions may require travel to various job sites.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2264430 and the job classification title.