Summer Trainee - Technical
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Summer Trainee - Technical within our Environment & Energy Division.
Reporting to a Program Manager or Project Lead and working in a team environment, the Summer Trainee - Technical will support the delivery of initiatives and policies emerging from the TransformTO, 100 Resilient Cities and Live Green Toronto program initiatives.
- Conducts research and analysis related to the Environment & Energy Division's programs
- Collects, maintains and analyzes data
- Conducts field studies, surveys and audits using appropriate methods
- Compiles, analyzes and correlates data and assists in the preparation of reports and studies for submission to management
- Develops and maintains statistical reports and other appropriate records
- Assists in the coordination of community engagement activities, events and marketing campaigns
- Assists with the development of promotional materials
- Provides information and liaises with other organizations
- Provides information in response to email and telephone inquiries
- Assists in various clerical tasks as they relate to the administrative responsibilities of the program area
- Assists with various projects as assigned by Unit staff
- May travel to off-site locations
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Geography or other related program.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Experience conducting structured interviews.
- Strong research and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2267111 and the job classification title.