Summer Trainee - Clerical
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Summer Trainee - Clerical within our Policy, Planning, Finance & Administration Division.
- Assists in clerical tasks as they relate to the administrative and financial responsibilities of the program area
- Assist with payroll transactions, calculations, collection of data.
- Performs computer related tasks such as data entry in SAP, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, etc.
- Responds to enquiries, files, photocopies and assists in researching information and communication, including photocopiers and telephones.
- Assisting with stocking, packing, loading, lifting, moving, set up, ordering and deliveries including office supplies, toners, equipment, furniture, etc.
- Assisting with mail sorting, collection and distribution.
- Provides backup and support to Administrative Assistants and Support Assistants including Payroll cover off duties as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Strong computer skills including experience in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with staff and clients in an efficient and diplomatic manner, both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.