On-Going Opportunities Description
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Research Trainee within our Real Estate Services Division.
As part of the Real Estate Services Division, working in a team environment, the Research Trainee will support the delivery of various divisional programs and initiatives such as real estate portfolio data management, project management and appraisal services.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after six (6) months.
- Assists with assembling and compiling information.
- Collects data, visits sites, asks groups for information/opinions, etc. and documents findings.
- Inputs/retrieves/updates/maintains data.
- Assists with organizing and presenting data collected.
- Assists with compiling, consolidating and analyzing data.
- Assists others with drafting documents, bulletins etc. and data analysis.
- Assists in maintaining data/statistics.
- Answers calls and emails, provides general information, takes messages and directs inquiries to appropriate staff to answer questions/handle requests.
- Assists with various office functions.
- Assists with packing, loading, lifting, moving, delivering and unpacking supplies, displays etc.
- Travels to various locations to provide support/on-site assistance and distribute information.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in real estate or urban planning, with a focus on real estate administration, property assessment, appraisal, or other related program/course work.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and the Internet.
- Experience conducting research, analysis and compiling results.
- Ability to categorize and classify property/real estate related information.
- Good research, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the City of Toronto as required.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, screening, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2283726 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.