Research Analyst 2
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operational Planning, Traffic Signs and Markings the primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing, researching and preparing reports relating to operations activities regarding productivity and performance, cost effectiveness and technical operations
- Working on a research, development and technical team relative to policies and procedures, planning and development
- Providing ad hoc reports on asset base cost cutting unit costs, program costs and designs custom reports, as required
- Assisting in the preparation and administration of various contracts
- Assisting in the preparation of divisional annual budget request and inputs into TMMS as required
- Researching, establishing and documenting benchmarks, reflective best practices methods and procedures for performing tasks
- Researching, developing, and preparing programs including, but not limited to amalgamation and harmonization of services, winter control, pavement marking contracts, materials supplies contracts, allocation of resources, fleet requirements, road drainage and sweeping, etc.
- Preparation of work orders and service requests as required
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in working with a Maintenance Management System providing asset based costing.
- Considerable experience in the use of a computer particularly in word processing and spreadsheets (i.e. MS Office Suite).
- Experience with conducting research, analysis and manipulation of data.
- Experience with the SAP financial system or other financial management system.
You must also have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in combination with the ability to perform duties under minimal supervision.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with large groups, both verbally and through correspondence.
- Sound working knowledge of financial policies and procedures.
- Excellent report preparation and writing skills.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.