|Job Classification Title||REHABILITATION ASSISTANT|
|Job ID #||2281385 X|
|Division||Long-Term Care Homes & Services|
|Work Location||BENDALE ACRES, 2920 LAWRENCE AVE E|
|Job Type||Permanent, Full-Time|
|Salary/Rate||$30.49 - $33.42 / Hour|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per Week|
|Number of Positions Open||1|
Qualified candidates will be assessed on their ability to provide the following (Bilingual - French and English) Rehabilitation Assistant services:
- Assesses residents' rehabilitative needs through observation
- Participates in meetings as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the development and modification of goals and strategies for the rehabilitative segment of resident care plans by providing input on requirements and progress
- Develops and implements rehabilitation programs for residents to improve or maintain level of functioning, or prevent or delay loss of functioning
- Develops and documents plans for therapeutic group programs, including resources, goals, content, scheduling and method of evaluation (such as ambulation, gait training, exercise clinics, range of motion, sensory stimulation, positioning and other rehabilitation techniques).
- Conducts programs of treatment and instruction, on an individual and therapeutic group basis, for the following: ambulation programs, active mobility and strengthening exercises, positioning, sensory stimulation, reality orientation, activities of daily living, use of adaptive and other related rehabilitation programs, utilizing applicable equipment and devices (e.g. wheelchairs, walkers, canes, adaptive feeding utensils, weights, walking belts and assistive devices)
- Sets up treatment area
- Monitors residents' progress through observation in response to prescribed plan of treatment relative to established goals and adjusts treatment as appropriate, based on observation of residents' physical status
- Evaluates rehabilitation programs on a regular basis.
- Recommends modification of treatment techniques and implements changes.
- Records observations and progress on resident charts.
- Documents assessments, program plans and ongoing evaluations using "Goldcare" software
- Prepares quarterly summaries
- Transfers residents in rehabilitation program using lifting devices, wheelchairs, etc.
- Orders equipment and supplies for residents
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Completed a post-secondary program in restorative care, or have the combined equivalent of education and experience, as per Ontario regulation 79/10. Graduates of a recognized Occupational Therapist Assistant & Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA & PTA) program preferred.
- Considerable experience in a Long-Term Care, Geriatric or Chronic Care setting providing individual and group rehabilitation programs for the purpose of improving, maintaining, preventing or delaying loss of functioning.
- Experience in conducting functional resident assessments
- Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating therapeutic programs.
You must also have:
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide services to residents in both French and English.
- Fundamental knowledge of physiology and disease process and disabilities related to elderly persons.
- Fundamental knowledge of physiology and disease process and disabilities related to young adults who require long term care.
- Fundamental knowledge of exercise equipment, physiotherapy modalities, adaptive and assistive devices (i.e. ex-n flex machines, cross trainers, treadmill, TNS, ultrasound).
- Verbal communication skills to interact with staff and residents as well as written communication skills to complete documentation related to assessments, progress and plans.
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with staff members in the Home and to develop and provide programs and services to residents.
- Ability to deliver a high level of Customer Service, Fiscal Accountability, Innovation, Result Orientation and Teamwork.
- Ability to motivate residents to participate in programs on an ongoing basis.
- Sensitivity and understanding of residents who are experiencing change in their lives: flexibility to adapt to changing conditions of residents.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces
- As a condition of employment with the Long-Term Care Homes & Services Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10)
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the
City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.