Program Support Trainee (Portfolio Management)
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Program Support Trainee (Portfolio Management) within our Information & Technology Division.
As part of the IT Portfolio & Investment Management team, the Portfolio Support Trainee will assist with a broad range of Data Management and Administrative tasks including the collecting, analyzing and reporting of data as well as assisting in the planning and scheduling of projects for executive review committees. The Support Trainee will assist Portfolio staff with preparing responses to divisional information requests and direct inquiries.
- Assist with various divisional, program and office functions.
- Assist with collecting, analyzing and reporting of data for various projects/assignments/operations.
- Locate, search, record, input data, field notes, etc.
- Travel to various locations and/or attends special events with staff to distribute and provide information, set up equipment, and answer general questions, where needed.
- Document requests/findings, conduct research and provide information to answer questions/handle requests from direct inquiries.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Strong business, information technology, financial and data management knowledge and skills typically acquired from studying computer science, business administration, or engineering at College/University and having related summer student/co-op/other work assignment experience.
- Education or work experience in project management or related discipline.
- Ability to extract, analyze and report data using charts and graphs into effective presentation documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and other software applications.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with people throughout the organization.
- Proactive organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision, deal with conflicting priorities and work demands.
- Ability to travel to various sites within the City of Toronto as required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.