On-Going Opportunities Description
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Performs tasks required for the safe and proper operation of a facility that will include pools, community centres, and surrounding grounds
- Makes minor equipment or facility repairs
- Carries out day to day janitorial duties and seasonal maintenance programs
- Produces reports concerning the operation and use of facilities
- Inspects and operates equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, pumps and filtration equipment
- Repairs and maintains swimming pools
- Set-up and takes down equipment and furnishing for all types of permits, programs, public functions and sports activities
- May perform chemical and temperature testing and maintain records of the same
- Maintains records and log books
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Provides customer service
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Certified pool operator's certificate, and experience working in a pool environment.
You must also have:
- Must be available to work shifts and weekends
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and written
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.