Operations Support Analyst 1 (Data Centre Operations Support Analyst)
Bring your data centre experience, and familiarity with power distribution planning, structured cabling, space planning and air flow planning, this full-time permanent position with the City of Toronto as an Operations Support Analyst 1 (Data Centre Operations Support Analyst).
Reporting to the Supervisor, Data Centre Operations, you will participate in the optimization, implementation and administration of Data Centre Operations and provide ongoing support for all information technology solutions, in accordance with the IT Division's information technology methodology and standards. As an Operations Support Analyst 1, you must be able to work flexible hours, including days, afternoons, nights and weekends, and to be on-call for support of production activities, as required.
Your primary responsibilities as a Data Centre Operations Support Analyst will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Perform operational support of software, hardware and network facility at the enterprise level, using monitoring and diagnostic tools to ensure that the operation and maintenance of the technologies and solutions are cost effective.
- Monitor enterprise systems and network usage, performance and capacity, and ensure that proactive action is taken for the production systems and solutions.
- Perform enterprise-wide user accounts administration, including additions, deletions and changes of user accounts.
- Respond to user inquiries, investigate and analyze problems, develop solutions and/or action plans, and liaise with users, other technical support staff and/or vendors to resolve problems.
- Provide assistance and operational support in the assessment and implementation of upgrades and/or enhancements to the existing systems.
- Work as part of a technical project team to determine requirements, research, evaluate, recommend, design, implement, and provide operational/technical support for system software, platform hardware and/or network solutions.
- Review the effectiveness of operational standards, procedures and processes, and recommend changes.
- Monitor the operation of enterprise computer hardware, system software, business applications, network and network connectivity to maintain high system availability in a multi-platform environment.
- Administer security procedures and processes at the enterprise level to protect the integrity of corporate business applications and data access.
- Administer and control the enterprise systems and their components.
- Ensure that the most effective tools, utilities and technologies are used in operation and enterprise system management.
- Perform and monitor enterprise system backup and recovery procedures.
Your application for the role of Operations Support Analyst 1 (Data Centre Operations Support Analyst) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an approved equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working within a Data Centre environment, including familiarity with power distribution planning, structured cabling, space planning and air flow planning.
- Experience in adhering to change, configuration and asset management processes.
- Experience with batch and online workload processes, job scheduling, documentation, troubleshooting and incident reporting.
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring.
You must also have:
- Familiarity with project methodology and various levels of system and application testing.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Project, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey detailed technical information clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, afternoons, nights and weekends, as required.
- Ability to be on-call for support of production activities, as required.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.