General Handyworker 3
Please Note: Although there may not be current vacancies, your resume will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after six (6) months
- Performs various tasks in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, construction and in general building, park and grounds maintenance
- Assists various Trade workers/Handyworkers 1 and 2 and others in their work and performs general construction, maintenance and repairs such as building repairs, setting up equipment, form and brick work, repair of furniture, equipment, etc.
- Installs, operates, maintains and makes minor repairs to mechanical equipment
- Drives a vehicle as required to perform primary functions and may operate a forklift, rubber tire loader or overhead hoisting device
- Performs a variety of work not requiring the service of licensed trade
- Performs general grounds keeping duties such as grass cutting and snow removal
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience performing a variety of semi-skilled work.
- Experience and knowledge of landscaping, building, construction practices and efficient operation and maintenance of associated equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and must qualify for the City's equipment operating permits and requirements.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work shift/weekend/overtime/on call duty.
- Must be able to report directly to various work locations across the City including Pickering and Maple.
You must also have:
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and equipment to perform the above tasks.
- Ability to work at heights including on scaffolding and mobile aerial equipment.
- With the appropriate safety precautions, must be able to tolerate dusty, noisy, odorous conditions and heights.
- Must be able to work in and have knowledge of confined space entry regulation.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City of Toronto's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.