Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Financial Trainee within our Real Estate Services Division.
As part of the Real Estate Services Division, working in a team environment, the Financial Trainee will assist in the delivery of Leasing and Site Management related programs and initiatives.
- Assists with accounting duties.
- Assists with the compilation of financial/accounting/purchasing and statistical information.
- Enters and updates and matches financial data, account information, etc.
- Assists in processing accounts, billings, collections, etc.
- Collects, compiles, extracts and organizes data for others to use/analyze.
- Assists with calculations.
- Assists with preparation of financial statements.
- Distributes documentation.
- Responds to enquiries by referring to appropriate staff.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in business, accounting, commerce, real estate or other related program.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and the Internet.
- Experience conducting financial and/or real estate related research.
- Experience working with financial information such as financial statements, trial balances/general ledgers.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts such as Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Familiar with real estate market research resources such as GeoWarehouse, ICX, MLS, Colliers, etc.
- Good research, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of SAP beneficial.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the City of Toronto as required.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The applicant pool from this job posting may be used for similar summer job opportunities in various divisions.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2270066 and the job classification title.