EQUIPMENT REPAIR TECHNICIAN
- Works out of Toronto Paramedic Services' headquarters and/or Paramedic Services' first multi-function paramedic station to prepare vehicles for 24/7 paramedic emergency response.
- Conducts routine maintenance on specialized equipment such as defibrillators, stretchers and other ambulance equipment and maintains proper inventories, ensuring that equipment is rotated and serviced to maximize efficiency through reduced downtime and equipment availability.
- Continuously ensures equipment is in good working order and maintained according to the required maintenance schedule.
- Conducts routine maintenance on specialized paramedic and ambulance equipment, such as, but not limited to, cardiac monitors, power stretchers, non-powered stretchers, stair chairs, scoop stretchers, oxygen equipment, suction equipment, glucometers, traction splints, extraction devices and other patient care and vehicle equipment.
- Retrieves patient care equipment such as backboards, stretchers, etc., from hospitals, stations, etc., evaluates the condition of the equipment to ensure it is in good working order, is cleaned and meets required standards per manufacturer and Ministry of Health.
- Recommends to supervisor such changes as may be required to improve efficiency and performance.
- Develops and implements, under direction from the supervisor, sound preventative maintenance programs for the division's emergency equipment.
- Performs skilled tasks in the maintenance, repair and reconditioning of oxygen and suction systems.
- Maintains appropriate records of repairs, replacements for audit and control purposes as required by the Ministry of Health.
- Cleans and sanitizes ambulances, emergency response vehicles and other Toronto Paramedic Services vehicles, as required, such as but not limited to routine and deep cleaning of vehicles.
- Prepares and restocks paramedic response bags, bins and vehicles.
- Replaces/removes old, expired or broken packaging in vehicle inventories, such as but not limited to, linen, oxygen tanks, consumable medical supplies and medications.
- Operates motor vehicles and may be required to use various hand and power tools.
- Experience in the safe operation of hand, pneumatic and power tools.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License.
You must also have:
- Ability to perform general maintenance and repairs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any required certifications to conduct duties, such as but not limited to, maintenance and repair of stretchers, reconditioning of oxygen and suction delivery systems.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties (i.e. including the ability to lift up to 23 kg independently).
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook Mail).
- Ability to read and interpret sketches, flow charts, schedules, equipment manuals
- Ability to tolerate working around equipment, devices / tools and vehicles that have been contaminated with blood and body fluids, parasites, pests, micro-organisms and bio-hazards.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.