Engineering Technologist Technician 3
|Job Classification Title||ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST TECHNICIAN 3|
|Job ID #||2281150 X|
|Section||Water Infrastructure Management|
|Work Location||METRO HALL, 55 JOHN ST|
|Job Type||Permanent, Full-Time|
|Salary/Rate||$32.17 - $35.24 / Hour|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Number of Positions Open||1|
- Transforms information from plans/technical records into Toronto Water Asset Geodatabase (TWAG) and/or other digital data formats as required
- Checks peer's completed work for data accuracy as assigned
- Creates and makes change to assets in TWAG to meet operational and maintenance needs
- Updates water, sewer, and storm service cards, and water/sewer system alteration into TWAG
- Collects, maintains and updates Toronto Water asset condition rating data including watermain break records, fire flow test report, etc.
- Summarizes and analyzes information and data from TWAG, Hansen, and other relevant databases utilizing CADD/GIS tools and Microsoft Office applications
- Investigate data gap and data accuracy in TWAG as needed
- Searches, evaluates and analyzes existing (or missing) records, notes, plans in response to inquiries and project needs
- Compiles water and sewer data for input to system modelling and study needs
- Prepares and checks data map and statistical data summaries using CADD and GIS tools in response to complaints and inquiries, both internal and external
- Enters, maintains, and updates tracking of as-built/record drawings, records of water and sewer system alterations, database error logs, etc.
- Prepares and updates, or assists in preparing and updating SOPs (standard operation procedures), flow charts, work instructions related to TWAG maintenance and update
- Extracts, summarizes and analyzes water billing data and information as required
- Attends project meetings as needed
- Performs general Engineering office work as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, CAD and GIS (e.g. ArcGIS) tools
- Experience in the preparation of data files, data maps, data summaries and generating graphical summaries
- Experience, either practical or theoretical, working with water Distribution or Wastewater Collection Networks"
- Experience in the use of databases such as Oracle, MS Access, etc.
You must also have:
- Must be able to travel to various work locations in a timely and efficient manner
- Knowledge in civil/municipal engineering, design and construction of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, watermain and stormwater management facilities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, documents and technical drawings
- Capacity to work effectively in a project team environment
- Ability to perform manual and computerized mathematical calculations in an engineering environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must be an excellent team player
Eligibility for membership in the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (O.A.C.E.T.T.) would be an asset
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2281150 and the job classification title.