- Performs skilled tasks in carpentry work.
- Performs general carpentry work in the alteration, repair and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, wooden fixtures, furniture, concrete forms, scows, tugs, truck bodies, wagons, patterns, bridges, etc.
- Performs skilled bench work in a carpenter shop, operating power saws, planers, drills, and other standard carpenters' tools and power-driven wood-working equipment.
- Constructs and installs wooden forms and scaffolding. Lays shingles and hardwood trim.
- Repairs or replaces various items and equipment.
- Utilizes a variety of tools/equipment and is responsible for their maintenance.
- Interprets blueprints, when required.
- Performs a variety of skilled work not requiring the service of other licensed trades.
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff.
- May be required to travel to various work locations.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must possess and be able to maintain a current Certificate of Qualification as a Carpenter in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario.
- Considerable experience and knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials and tools of the carpentry trade.
- Experience in the use and operation of tools and power machines used in the trade.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class "G" Driver's License and must qualify for the City's equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Ability to read and interpret sketches (maps/ blueprints).
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2276804 and the job classification title.