Business Support Analyst
The Business Support Analyst will carry out assigned projects in support of the business implementation objectives of the Environment & Energy Division and assist with the identification, research, analysis and implementation of business solutions.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government, agencies, boards and corporations.
- Administers, monitors and reports on assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Coordinates projects between entities to ensure quality and consistency.
- Supports services and projects covering multiple divisions, agencies and corporations.
- Coordinates and assists with facilitating meetings and workshops with program, corporations, agencies and divisions or political groups to support the program objectives.
- Provides project support in initial phases of program with respect to EED programs and subsequent business case submissions, e.g. loan applications, grant/funding submissions etc.
- Ensures that program expenditures, processes and controls are maintained.
- Assists with monitoring and managing needs for multiple projects under the EED programs.
- Conducts research on a wide range of Environment and Energy issues ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government, agencies, boards and corporations.
- Serves as a liaison between various corporations, agencies and divisions to represent EED deliverables in various meetings, workshops, and communications.
- Contributes to business/service improvement and achievement by gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements, investigating various alternative business models, in a format that is useful to the business area experts and related stakeholders.
- Collects, consolidates and analyzes information from various sources and prepares reports and presentations to support EED activities.
- Supports project teams in the development of proposed service delivery and performance models.
- Prepares comprehensive reports, briefing documents, correspondence on a variety of issues in support of EED and the CCOO.
- Handles inquiries and requests from all levels of staff, other government agencies, the Mayor's Office, elected officials, media or members of the public
- Monitors all key committee, board and council meetings to ensure EED is aware of all relevant information as the program progresses.
- Provides program support duties for the EED including coordinating meetings, maintains program documentation including tracking information to create and identify efficiencies and for audit purposes.
- Performs program support duties including processing / preparation of forms and correspondence, input of data, maintenance of tracking and filing systems for audit purposes.
- Supports and collects, maintains and analyzes data, researches information and prepares data reports.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (e.g. business, energy and environmental studies or an approved combination of education and experience).
- Experience collecting, coordinating and conducting detailed research, analysis, and interpretation of data with minimum supervision, in a fast paced changing environment with tight timeframes.
- Experience handling confidential information including the ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion with operational matters and staff.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office Suite including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook.
- Highly developed communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with City staff, senior management, Councillors, community agencies, other levels of government and the public.
- Effective decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving skills, demonstrating innovation with a results-oriented approach.
- Ability to prepare reports, business cases, research materials, project plans, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage assignments and workload under tight timelines and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member on multidisciplinary teams.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2276264 and the job classification title.