Budget Clerk 2
Major Responsibilities: Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning, the Budget Clerk 2 is responsible for performing a wide variety of semi-complex to complex clerical and coordination duties associated with the administration of the City of Toronto budget process, as well as office procedures and document management and other related work as required.
- Performs program support duties including the processing/preparation of forms and correspondence, input of data and maintenance of tracking and filing systems
- Compiles and summarizes data, statistics and other information using desktop applications and corporate systems
- Provides information and responds to in person and telephone enquiries/complaints from various staff in compliance with the City's disclosure policies and established protocols of the Division
- Receives, distributes and/or completes documentation utilizing knowledge of the City's budget and administrative policies, procedures, protocols as well as relevant regulations and/or legislation. Retrieves requested and consolidated data from the City's budgeting and accounting databases
- Supports the preparation and distribution of budget directions and guidelines, budget instruction manuals and related policies to City programs and Agencies
- Assists with the input of the Operating and Capital Budgets into the appropriate reporting systems, and processing in-year budget adjustments. Assists Analysts with extracting reports from various financial systems
- Assists with research, compilation and summarization of data, statistics and other information using desktop applications and corporate systems and presents results to Manager and/or Analyst
- Provides technical support to Manager and/or Analyst on software issues
- Assists with the preparation of budget review meeting schedules and arranges meetings with elected officials, Executive Management of Divisions and Agencies, and Financial Planning Division staff to ensure availability and participation
- Assists with preparing charts and graphs; tabulates statistical data for presentation in miscellaneous budget reports
- Assists Analysts with populating templates, reviews and consolidates information as required and checks budget submissions for completeness
- Formats and verifies reports, briefing notes and other budget documents that become public
- Assists with production and distribution of budget book, Analyst notes, budget website postings, and other budget material under very tight timeframes during the budget review process
- Develops and maintains Outlook contact lists to ensure efficient dissemination of instructions and information to the right audience
- Provides support to Managers, through calendar management, meeting scheduling, tracking issues and reports, and time and attendance tracking
- Coordinates and confirms meetings, events and training programs. Reserves and books locations. Compiles and prepares necessary materials
- Opens and distributes incoming mail and other material, and takes appropriate actions as required
- Monitors office supplies and coordinates orders with other Divisional staff as required
- Manages documentation and electronic folders for assigned team/programs
- Experience providing support in a financial business environment, specifically in the area of budgeting or accounting.
- Experience and proficiency using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Experience working with complex documents, including briefing notes, tables, Excel spreadsheets and graphs, as well as formal correspondence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, Councillor Offices, representatives of various Divisions and City Agencies in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively as an effective team member.
- Ability to organize meetings, appointments, information and documents.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of the City of Toronto and Municipal government.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to organize own work and meet tight deadlines under time constraints, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to work long hours in peak periods, when and where required, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of SAP modules used by the City of Toronto would be considered asset.
- Meeting management in the Municipal context would be considered an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # 2271940 Budget Clerk 2.